The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-3-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-3-2013.

Post by asbibby »

On Saturday Jonathan came in to do some painting on the spare Bury Bolton Street canopy light covers, he then stripped down a portable electrical heater which had been left outside our workshop. Jonathan located the fault to a blown fusible link, we will try to find a replacement for the faulty component in the near future.

Sunday saw a full compliment of volunteers, with Jonathan, Clive, John, Len, Chris and myself, Jonathan and myself did the fire alarm call points first in The Trackside and then Bury Bolton Street concourse, everything worked satisfactory and the findings were logged.

Once everyone had partaken of a brew, we selected some tools, spares plugs and the electrical PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) equipment and made our way up to the Carriage & Wagon workshop to make a start on PAT testing all the portable electrical tools which are used in the workshop.
We fitted new 110v plugs to some of the tools and tested and labelled on the plugs all the tools which passed the tests.

Lunch was then taken back at our workshop in BBS, no cakes today, it must be catching.

After lunch we made our way back to the Carriage & Wagon workshop to carry on with the PAT testing and repairs to the portable electrical tools, this job is going to take us another couple of Sundays to complete all the PAT testing.

Whilst in the Carriage & Wagon workshop we took the opportunity of changing the carriage plugs on two of the carriages undergoing restoration, we try to swap the carriage plugs for refurbished ones as and when the carriages are being refurbished.

I then left about 14:30 hours to go and watch Wigan Athletic playing Newcastle United at the DW stadium, a good result for us beating Newcastle 2 - 1 in the 90 minute, a bit jammy but we need a bit of luck at this stage in the season.

Back next week.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.