The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-2-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-2-2013.

Post by asbibby »

:) Today the team consisted of Jonathan, Len, John and myself, Clive was at a Radio auction in Staffordshire and Chris was still on his jollies.

John had brought in the parts needed to start the job in the Bury Standard Four workshop and a quote for cable which we need to rewire BBS platform three/four.

First job as usual was to test out the fire alarm call points in BBS and The Trackside, Len and Jonathan completed this task and recorded their findings.

Len and myself used the heat shrink which we had been waiting for from Radio Spares, we finished off five of the carriage plugs which had been awaiting the heat shrink tubing.

Len and John were due their medicals in the ELRPS office and duly made their way up to Baron Street, i joined them as far as the carriage and wagon shed to drop off the refurbished carriage plugs and some tins which the C & W department use.

Jonathan and myself then rubbed down two of the BBS canopy lights which we had taken down last week, they are now ready for painting next week, we also assembled the 110v sockets, conduit lengths, couplers and brass internal couplers ready for fitting in the standard four workshop.

Once Len and John had returned we had an early lunch after which we replaced the mains wiring and plug on a 3KW fan heater and a router which belongs to the joiners shop, these had been given to us to repair by Keith Battersby. They were both repaired with new wiring and PAT testing before being returned to their owner.
We then collected up all the equipment we would need for the standard four workshop job and made our way to the standard four shed.

We consulted the CME Allan Schofield, about the positioning of the six 110V outlets and set to drilling the trunking in the appropriate places. The six sockets were secured to the wall and trunking and now await next week when we will wire up the sockets to a new 110 volt transformer.

A brew was then taken before calling it a day, back next week to the wiring job and the Steam Gala to look forward to. :D
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Union Pacific

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-2-2013.

Post by Union Pacific »

Cakes?
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
MARTHA

Post by MARTHA »

If you come to the shop on Sunday, we have got you some cakes ?? :D :lol:
I TWEEDALE
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

MARTHA wrote:If you come to the shop on Sunday, we have got you some cakes ?? :D :lol:
:( Nay we had no cakes, just horsing about really!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.