The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 6-1-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 6-1-2013.

Post by asbibby »

We had a full team out today Sunday, consisting of Myself, Len, John, Clive, Jonathan, Chris and Simon the ELR full time electrician.

Len And Jonathan did the alarm call point testing at The Trackside pub and Bury Bolton Street Station, all was OK and they recorded their findings.

Clive and Chris went over to The Bury Transport Museum to collect our mobile tower scaffold and bring it back to BBS, we would need the scaffold to take down the Christmas lights at Heywood Station.

I reassembled a halogen heater which i had found last week and Jonathan then PAT tested the heater along with two heaters which had been repaired last week, the two heaters belonging to Ramsbottom signal box were put on the next train going up to Ramsbottom for collection by the signalman.

John and myself went down to the carriage and Wagon shed to drop off some refurbished carriage plug leads to be used by the staff down there.

Now that we were all back we loaded up the containers for the Heywood Christmas lights and took some tools and six spare Station lamp bulbs to be used at Heywood Station. We caught the eleven o'clock DMU up to Heywood Station along with our lunch boxes.
The two stings of lights were taken down and packed away in their respective containers and as we progressed down the platform we changed the platform bulbs that had blown, in total four Station platform bulbs were changed.
Lunch was then taken and the DMU caught back to BBS.
Thanks to Jan and her team at Heywood Station for providing us with liquid refreshment and biscuits, it is much appreciated.

The timer for the gents toilet on platform three/four at BBS was reset correctly and then we were asked to investigate water ingress into the electrical cubicle in the new ladies toilet block again at BBS. A ladder was sourced to check that the gutters were clear of debris, after this had been cleared we tested with a hosepipe to see if the water would drain away OK.
A lot of water cascaded inside the electrical cubicle as well as going down the outside drainpipe, this was then reported to Simon to speak to Mr. Bailey of civils to look into the problem.

A brew and a few cakes were then devoured before we called it a day, the first working day of the year, for us that is.

More Christmas lights to be taken down next week.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.