ELECTRICAL VOLUNTEERS' REPORT SUNDAY 25th NOV 2012

JONATHAN-BARNES

ELECTRICAL VOLUNTEERS' REPORT SUNDAY 25th NOV 2012

Post by JONATHAN-BARNES »

On Saturday I did some refurbishment work on the light fittings for platforms 3 & 4. We are taking these down two at a time and replacing them with refurbished ones.

On Sunday, me and Len tested the fire alarms as usual.

Chris, Len, John and me retrieved the scaffolding tower from the museum. We loaded the tower and two boxes of Christmas lights into the guard’s van. We went to Rammy to put up two strings of lights on platform 2.

The first string of lights goes from just outside the station building in the direction of Bury. The lights were spread out along the platform, plugged in and tested. The blown bulbs were changed. We then used the scaffolding to string the lights between lamp posts. By the time this job was complete it was dinner time so we knocked off and enjoyed the heat of the coal fire in the station waiting room.

After dinner we put up a string of lights under the canopy. These are tied to the steel work of the canopy.
Job complete, we loaded the scaffolding and empty boxes into the guard’s van and went back to Bury. We wheeled the scaffolding down Bolton Street to Castlecroft and into the museum. The scaffolding will be used by Ken (another of our volunteers) during the week to install some heaters in the museum. We then went back to workshop for a brew before knocking off.