The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21-10-2012.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21-10-2012.

Post by asbibby »

Well it was a busy day today and what cracking weather it was for the steam gala. I was joined by Jonathan, Len, Clive, John and Simon the full time ELR electrician.

Clive and John caught the train up to Summerseat Station to sort out the Station lights problem.

Simon received a report that the cooker in the carriage cafe in the museum car park was faulty, this was investigated and found to be a faulty switch which will need replacing.

Simon needed some help pulling in a length of steel wire armoured cable through some cable ducts which had been laid previously, Len, Jonathan myself and Simon set off to Baron Street to get the drum of cable and some nylon draw rope and the rodding equipment.
We managed to draw in the first length of cable and then took a break for some lunch.

Clive and John returned from Summerseat Station having located and fixed the Station light problem, which turned out to be as we expected, soil excavated by the worms and ants inside one of the Lighting pillars, shorting out the fused supply.
Clive said he excavated by hand about twelve litres of earth inside the lighting pillar.

John and Clive then reassembled Bury Bolton Street Station clock after refurbishment work on the clock, it will be re-erected next week.

On returning to Baron Street we finished off after a struggle pulling through the last section of cable, these cables will require wiring up into pillars in the near future and will provide a secure power supply for the carriage charging facility.

Another fault was reported to us in that the lights in the ELRPS mess room at Baron Street were flickering and that one of the wall heaters also in the mess room was not secure.
The lights do flicker every now and then but we think this may not be a problem on the distribution board, we will keep a check on it.
The electrical wall heater was re fixed to the mess room wall, don't put anything on the heater it is only secured into plaster-board.

With that sorted we called it a day, see you all next week.

P.S. What a grand job is being done on BBS canopy, it's nearly finished, all finished on platform four, just a small bit left to strip off and replace with the new stuff on platform three.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
MarkMc
Site Admin

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21-10-2012.

Post by MarkMc »

When are you intending to resite the clock on the platform. I'm just thinking ahead with it being Haloween weekend, there will be bars of lighting up, hung from the canopy
Mark McEwan
BBS Platform Staff and Guard

http://markmcewan.fotopic.net
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

MarkMc wrote:When are you intending to resite the clock on the platform. I'm just thinking ahead with it being Haloween weekend, there will be bars of lighting up, hung from the canopy
:? You have obviously not read my report in detail, have another shufty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Should've gone to Specsavers. :)
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
MarkMc
Site Admin

Post by MarkMc »

Thats what happens when you read on a phone instead of the PC.
Mark McEwan
BBS Platform Staff and Guard

http://markmcewan.fotopic.net