The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 30-9-2012.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 30-9-2012.

Post by asbibby »

A sad day today Malcolm Vickers our Head of Department sadly lost his life yesterday in a Edinburgh Hospital, whilst he was on holiday with his wife.
All the Electrical Volunteers offer their sympathies to all his family and friends.
R.I.P. Malcolm.

Life carries on and Len and Myself went off to check out the fire alarm call points in The Booking Hall in BBS and The Trackside Pub/Cafe, all was well and our findings recorded.

Simon joined us and asked us if we would finish off the Santa carriage we have been working on for the past couple of months.
John and Clive had joined us so we collected our tools and test instruments and made our way down to the C & W shed to test out the new wiring and to replace the seat squabs.
The ETH wiring meggered clear of any earth faults, so all the electrical heaters should now work satisfactory.
All that is left to do is to weld up some broken brackets on the guards that stop prying fingers touching the heaters. Simon has to do a small amount of wiring that require some special connectors.

That brought us up to lunch time so we made our way back to our workshop for a brew.

After lunch Clive and Len went up to Rawtenstall Station to check out some electrical supply to enable us to erect some Christmas lights at Rawtenstall Station.

John, Len and myself tested out a string of Christmas lights that we repaired last year, this will enable us to put lights up at Rawtenstall.

Clive then repaired an electronic insulation tester that I had brought in, we then set about testing some electrical items that Ray Butcher had brought in for us to look at, not much luck here, an open circuit motor in a tin boat, a duff electrical sealed clock and a electronic loud hailer that had seen better days.

The weather had by now deteriorated so we had one final brew and called it a day, a sad day for The ELR who have lost a valuable servant in Malcolm. R.I.P.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.