The Sunday Electrical Volunteers Report 8-1-2012.

asbibby

The Sunday Electrical Volunteers Report 8-1-2012.

Post by asbibby »

Happy New Year everyone, back to the reports:-

After the holiday break it was back to work in the electrical department, Jonathan was first in followed by myself, i had been contacted by Simon the full time electrician on my way in to BBS. It turned out that he needed a hand on some work in the Museum.

Jonathan and myself tested out the fire alarm call points in BBS and The Trackside, everything was satisfactory, and the findings were logged.
Clive and John then joined us along with Simon. Len is still unwell but he is making a good recovery.

The job in the Museum turned out to be, running a length of three core cable for signalling purposes in conjunction with the CCTV and the new lighting columns in Castlecroft yard.
The cable was run from the plant room via conduit and trunking to the education room, Simon will finish off the terminating of the cable on Monday.

One of the BBS station staff informed us that the hand driers in the ladies toilets on platform three/four were not working, this turned out to be a tripped circuit breaker and missing fuse.

Lunch and a brew was then taken in our workshop, before collecting the mobile tower scaffold and the containers for the Christmas lights at Ramsbottom, we caught the next train hauled by Ian Riley's Black Five 45407 up to Rammy.
The two strings of lights were recovered using the tower scaffold and we then stored the lights away in the respective containers.

The same train was caught back to BBS and all our equipment unloaded and stored away safely.

A final brew and we called it a day, next week we will be at Heywood station recovering the Christmas lights and investigating some lighting and CCTV problems.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.