The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 7-8-2011.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 7-8-2011.

Post by asbibby »

Hello readers, Jonathan came in on Saturday to do yet more work on the never ending RCH carriage plug refurbishment program, stripping off old paint from the plugs and covers.
He tested some carriage plug leads which had been previously refurbished but had been letting in water due to some heat shrink tubing we had used which did not have any internal glue.
We have now fitted some heat shrink tubing with internal glue to prevent any further ingress of water.

On Sunday John and myself helped out as stewards on the Thomas Train whilst Jonathan busied himself on the carriage plugs and covers program.

Jonathan with Simon the full time electrician and myself went down to the Carriage & Wagon shed to meet Mr. Vickers to discuss the progression of work on the Santa carriage we have been working on.

On returning, Jonathan stayed in our workshop to carry on his work on the old carriage plugs which we recovered last week.

John and myself then went to platform four were the Thomas train was operating from, taking his passengers down to the Baron Street crossing and back.
We signed on, then obtained our staff badges and proceeded to help out with the stewarding of the Thomas train, this involved the safe boarding and disboarding from the trucks.

We managed fifteen minutes for a quick lunch break before carrying on with the Thomas train, the last train leaving at 16:30 hrs. John and myself decided to take a trip down to Baron Street to sample the Thomas experience for ourselves on the last train.

Back to our normal jobs next week after signing off at 16:45, Thomas will be back in the first weekend in October anyone who wants to help out it is a pleasure to see all the kids having a great time, mind you there was a heck of a lot of very old kids! having just as much fun.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.