The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 1-5-2011.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 1-5-2011.

Post by asbibby »

Len was feeling unwell so that left just myself and John this week, I had contacted John re. helping out on The Day out with Thomas event, so we met up in our workshop before signing on, given our staff badges and being briefed on the Thomas issues then we were assigned to help out on the Thomas train.

Bob Johnson was in charge of the Thomas train, John was asked to assist on the train loading while I was asked to check the customers tickets before boarding the Thomas train to the Baron Street level crossing and back.

It was very busy early on with queues forming to board the train, everyone seemed to be in high spirits, the weather helping us out big style apart from the wind which at times was turning BBS in to a minor dust storm.

We managed a short break about 12:45 for half an hour before reporting back for duty, the customers tapered off during the late afternoon before we finally called it a day about 16:30, a good time had by one and all.

The Ray Butcher clock has now been on test in our workshop for over a week now and it is keeping excellent time, we are waiting for the wooden clock surround to be finished off by the joiners before erecting it in Baron Street Engine Shed where it will be "The Works Clock", this is the location Ray Butcher has decided it should be fitted.

Next week back to the main tasks i.e Electrical works.

Anyone one who can spare a few hours tomorrow to help out will be most welcome, black trousers and a white shirt plus plenty of goodwill, contact someone in the booking office or just make your way to platform four at BBS and make yourself available.

Have fun we did!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.