The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-4-2011.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-4-2011.

Post by asbibby »

Jonathan, John, Len and myself met up in the workshop after a brew we found one of the BBS refurbished light fittings had been knocked off the suspended chains whilst the cafe extension was being erected.
It was left outside our workshop for repair.

Ray Butcher visited us in our workshop to give us another old Smiths clock to check out for use on the railway, the Trackside?

Len and Jonathan went to check out the fire call points in BBS and The Trackside and recorded their findings in the fire log.

We asked the BBS Station Master if it was OK to take down the ladies toilet sign from outside the old ladies toilet and erect it outside the new ladies toilet block, permission was granted so down came the sign, we had to grind off the securing bolts as they were well rusted into the wall.
Two more old brackets were removed from the back of the old ladies toilet.

I took the ladies toilet sign back to our workshop to descale the brackets that fixed the sign to the wall, once all the rust had been removed, the brackets were painted and new screws fitted holding the brackets to the cleaned up sign.

Jonathan and myself got our tools together along with a new carriage plug/lead and made our way down to the C & W shed to locate the carriage which still required a one new plug/lead from last week.
We located the carriage which had been moved outside the C & W shed and proceded to remove the old plug and fit a new refurbished one.
The carriage adjacent to the one we had been working on had old carriage plug/leads on so we decided to replace these plug/leads as well after lunch.

The newly painted brackets for the ladies toilet sign had by this time dryed out enough for Len and John to install the the cleaned up sign onto the outside of the new ladies toilet block.

Jonathan and myself headed off back to the C & W shed to strip off the old carriage plug/leads and to install new carriage plug/leads, whilst Jonathan was fitting the new leads I went back to our workshop to remove the layers of paint and grunge from the covers and to put silicone sealant in the groves of the plug/lead covers.
I then returned to the c & W shed to fit the cleaned up covers back on the carriage.

Len and John once the ladies tolet sign had been installed, they then stripped down the damaged BBS light fitting and repaired and replaced the damaged parts from the unit.

It was Len's Birthday last week so he provided us all with cream cakes with our final brew of the day, Clive you don't know what you missed, Yum Yum.
Last edited by asbibby on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

Many thanks for the report, enjoy your dinner :lol:
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.