The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-3-2011.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-3-2011.

Post by asbibby »

No Jonathan and Len today which meant just Clive, John and myself met up in our workshop today, Len is still recovering from feeling unwell and Jonathan had other commitments today.

We cleaned out our workshop first before tidying up outside the signalling/telecomms store room underneath the stairwell on platform 3/4.

John and myself then tested out the fire alarm call points in BBS and The Trackside bar/cafe, everthing tested out OK and we recorded our findings.

Clive meanwhile had started to fit crimp terminals on some of our refurbished carriage plugs, John and I returned to our workshop to assist Clive in fitting heat shrink tubing and to test the rewired carriage plugs for continuity and insulation resistance.
We completed ten of the carriage plug units, before completing the two outstanding refurbished LMS carriage plugs and leads for the LMS brake/parcel van which is being restored in the C & W works, these were delivered to the owner of the vehicle as promised last week.

The Capprotti valved gear Standard Five then arrived in platform three in BBS, so we decided to take our lunch on the train up to Heywood and back, what a pleasant trip it was with lovely warm sunshine all the way there and back.

John and I carried with some more work on some of the old carriage plugs which had been removed from the LMS Brake/parcel vehicle, we now have enough refurbished carriage plug/leads to equip a further ten carriages, a total of forty refurbished leads.
These will be refitted as and when the carriages come in to the C & W works for maintenence.

That was it for another day for the electrical volunteers, more to come next week.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.