The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-2-2011.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-2-2011.

Post by asbibby »

Jonathan came in on Saturday to check out the Gala and to wire up new cables onto the refurbished copper pins of the carriage plugs.

Sunday saw a full team out, Len, John, Jonathan, Clive and myself, we all parked up at Baron Street and legged it down to our workshop at Bury Bolton Street.
First task was to test out the fire alarm call points in the Station and at The Trackside pub/cafe, Len and Jonathan completed this task and logged their findings.
With the Gala in full swing, what a glorious site two Caprotti valved engines and a pair of Standard Tanks, Great show.
Len, Jonathan, John and Clive gathered up our tools and instruments to check out the outside canopy security lighting at Rawtenstall, they caught the double header up to Rawtenstall Station.
The problem was that the canopy lights kept tripping a circuit breaker, we suspected one of the canopy light fittings being faulty.
After a process of elimination one of the light fittings was found to be full of water, this being caused by some of the tiles on the canopy being missing.
A report to building maintenace is needed, the team isolated the wiring of the light fitting and removed said unit for investigation back in our workshop the remaining lights do not trip the circuit breaker now.
Meanwhile I was drilling and fitting components to the control box for the Ray Butcher Station Clock, Clive had sourced all the components that needed fitting, he is in the process of writing the software for the micro that will control the clock.
Neil Partington came to see us in our workshop to ask us to fix some of the flurescent light fittings in The Booking Office, this proved to be a combination of duff tubes and a starters, Jonathan, Len and John sorted out that problem.
Jonathan and myself stripped down the Rawtenstall light fitting and cleaned all the rust stains from the fitting, on testing it, it was found that the choke had burned out so we stripped out the ballast components and the bayonet lamp holder, which required replacing. The light fitting is now fitted with a energy efficient 20w bulb with no ballast.
John and myself then finished off fitting the refurbished shells to the carriage plug wiring that Jonathan had done on Saturday.
Before John and I left we saw the magnificent double headed Standard Tanks leave Bury Bolton Sreet Station, what a sight.
That completed another full day for The ELR Electrical Volunteers.
Last edited by asbibby on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Wizzo

Post by Wizzo »

Keep up the good work Guys ,saw you arriving at Rawty for your stint there.

Bret
MarkMc
Site Admin

Post by MarkMc »

Not forgetting your brief foray into the new ladies lavvy to look at the hand drier :)
Mark McEwan
BBS Platform Staff and Guard

http://markmcewan.fotopic.net
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

Great report guys, cheers, excellent job
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.