The Electrical Volunteers' Report Sunday 13-02-2011

marflow

The Electrical Volunteers' Report Sunday 13-02-2011

Post by marflow »

Just John, Jonathan and myself today. The usual Fire Alarm checks. Replaced the globe on the lamp at the far end of The Trackside. Some more work on carriage plugs.

I could report on brews but I'll leave that to others. Dull and dreary weather. We went home early.

Can any guards report on whether or not the Summerseat platform lights are working properly?

I haven't been able to do much on the Ray Butcher Clock yet. I've mounted a motor on the back of the mech but I'm not satisfied with it's alignment. Will do a bit more when I've access to tools. Was hoping to use the same software as for our Platform 3/4 drum-clock but unfortunately that micro is obsolete. So I'll have to re-write it for a new chip. (The new ones cost all of £2.73 The transistors driving the motor are dearer!)
Last edited by marflow on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
asbibby

Trackside Globe.

Post by asbibby »

Were did you find a replacement globe or is it one of the Station lamp globes.
It is Ray Butchers clock, Clive.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

Nice to see the globe back :lol:
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
asbibby

De Globe!

Post by asbibby »

Thanks Shredder, we don't know as yet who found it, maybe someone will tell us?
If anyone wants to put a face to the first names in The Electrical Volunteers Department you can find us in The Flicker photo album under Alan Bibby.
My own steam photographs there as well.
Alan.
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

Your gallery doesnt appear to be opening up Alan unless its my computer, I`ll try again later.

I recently emailed Christina about the new website and she asked for some pictures of the PW lads to add to the blog, your lads could do the same of course. Its funny how we let on to one another on the ELR and even stop for a chat with people, not realising who they are. Hope Christina`s picture idea takes off for all the departments, the new website seems to be developing all the time.

cheers

Nick
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
Phil B AKA Q1
Location: In a Signalbox, under a Land Rover or in front of a monitor.

Post by Phil B AKA Q1 »

Shredder wrote:Its funny how we let on to one another on the ELR and even stop for a chat with people, not realising who they are. Hope Christina`s picture idea takes off for all the departments, the new website seems to be developing all the time.

cheers

Nick
So, we are going to get a Rogues' Gallery. It is long overdue. Heads of Departments should be the first victims :!: :wink: :twisted:
Phil,

ALWAYS look on the Bright Side & Keep Smiling!
mouldyjamontoast
Site Admin

Re: The Electrical Volunteers' Report Sunday 13-02-2011

Post by mouldyjamontoast »

marflow wrote:...

Can any guards report on whether or not the Summerseat platform lights are working properly?

I'll check and report back on Saturday, as I'll be on a relief turn.
Not been rostered on a relief or been around late afternoon since I last commented on the lights.
Alex King

ELR Guard, Guards Manager and Forum Admin
Member of Ramsbottom Model Railway Club
www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

Shredder wrote:Your gallery doesnt appear to be opening up Alan unless its my computer, I`ll try again later.

Sorted I had not uploaded to The ELR Flicker.

I recently emailed Christina about the new website and she asked for some pictures of the PW lads to add to the blog, your lads could do the same of course. Its funny how we let on to one another on the ELR and even stop for a chat with people, not realising who they are. Hope Christina`s picture idea takes off for all the departments, the new website seems to be developing all the time.

cheers

Nick
mike-smashing

Re: The Electrical Volunteers' Report Sunday 13-02-2011

Post by mike-smashing »

marflow wrote: Can any guards report on whether or not the Summerseat platform lights are working properly?
Clive, just last weekend, at the diesel gala, I noticed the Summerseat lights going on and off in the middle of the day on Sunday, when passing through with a train.

Mike