The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 7-11-2010.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 7-11-2010.

Post by asbibby »

Jonathan was in on Saturday to do some more work on stripping and painting of carriage plugs, a never ending job or so it seems.

Clive had contacted me during the week to say that he had sourced all the components needed for the Summerseat remote control of the Station lights. He assembled all the parts and wired it all up ready for testing.

Sunday saw a full team minus Clive who was feeling unwell.

Jonathan and Len tested out the fire alarm call points as usual in BBS booking hall and The Trackside pub/cafe, their findings were recorded.

Ray Butcher turned up with a large piece of perspex to replace the missing glass of the old Bury clock he gave to the ELR last week, this will be an ongoing job.

The weather was fine with blue skies and the sun shining, so we took advantage of the weather to start to install the Christmas lights at the Stations.

John and myself got our tower scaffold assembled and ready to load onto the next train up to Heywood station.
The Christmas lights for Heywood were retrieved from store in our workshop and the neccesary tools and spare bulbs for the job in hand.
We loaded up all of our equipment and set off for Heywood Station hauled by the Black Five, on arrival we unloaded all the equipment, assembled the tower scaffold and set to installing the Christmas lights on the Station lamp posts. Two strings of lights were hung but we were unable to test them as the Station was not manned on this occasion, we will have to return to switch the lights on and do a lamp test.

The immaculate diesel D1501 was the next train in to take us back to BBS, on arrival at Bury we had decided that with the weather being so good we would go and get the Christmas lights for Ramsbottom Station from the workshop and proceed to Ramsbottom on the same train.

On arrival at Ramsbottom Station we again unloaded all our equipment, then we took an early lunch, Len went to the booking office to make us all a welcome brew, after lunch we installed two strings of lights, plugged them in and did a lamp test, we replaced about twenty bulbs.

The Black Five arrived to take us all back to BBS and after unloading and putting away the tower scaffold, we had a brew before calling it a day.

Another exciting day in the life of the Sunday electrical volunteers, what is in store for next week?
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Eagle1711

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 7-11-2010.

Post by Eagle1711 »

asbibby wrote:Jonathan was in on Saturday to do some more work on stripping and painting of carriage plugs, a never ending job or so it seems.

Clive had contacted me during the week to say that he had sourced all the components needed for the Summerseat remote control of the Station lights. He assembled all the parts and wired it all up ready for testing.

Sunday saw a full team minus Clive who was feeling unwell.

Jonathan and Len tested out the fire alarm call points as usual in BBS booking hall and The Trackside pub/cafe, their findings were recorded.

Ray Butcher turned up with a large piece of perspex to replace the missing glass of the old Bury clock he gave to the ELR last week, this will be an ongoing job.

The weather was fine with blue skies and the sun shining, so we took advantage of the weather to start to install the Christmas lights at the Stations.

John and myself got our tower scaffold assembled and ready to load onto the next train up to Heywood station.
The Christmas lights for Heywood were retrieved from store in our workshop and the neccesary tools and spare bulbs for the job in hand.
We loaded up all of our equipment and set off for Heywood Station hauled by the Black Five, on arrival we unloaded all the equipment, assembled the tower scaffold and set to installing the Christmas lights on the Station lamp posts. Two strings of lights were hung but we were unable to test them as the Station was not manned on this occasion, we will have to return to switch the lights on and do a lamp test.

The immaculate diesel D1501 was the next train in to take us back to BBS, on arrival at Bury we had decided that with the weather being so good we would go and get the Christmas lights for Ramsbottom Station from the workshop and proceed to Ramsbottom on the same train.

On arrival at Ramsbottom Station we again unloaded all our equipment, then we took an early lunch, Len went to the booking office to make us all a welcome brew, after lunch we installed two strings of lights, plugged them in and did a lamp test, we replaced about twenty bulbs.

The Black Five arrived to take us all back to BBS and after unloading and putting away the tower scaffold, we had a brew before calling it a day.

Another exciting day in the life of the Sunday electrical volunteers, what is in store for next week?
Just proves that you lot are Bright sparks :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan Jones

Member of Ramsbottom Model Railway Club
http://www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk

Bring back ALT for admin!!
charterboy

Post by charterboy »

Eagle1711 wrote:Just proves that you lot are Bright sparks :lol: :lol: :lol:
How long have you been waiting to get that one in :wink: :wink:
mouldyjamontoast
Site Admin

Post by mouldyjamontoast »

charterboy wrote:
Longer than you could ever imagine!
Alex King

ELR Guard, Guards Manager and Forum Admin
www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk
Eagle1711

Post by Eagle1711 »

mouldyjamontoast wrote:
charterboy wrote:
mmmm and where were you on Thursday? dont know why I txt you at times....you cant even be bothered to send a reply
Dan Jones

mouldyjamontoast
Site Admin

Post by mouldyjamontoast »

Eagle1711 wrote:
mouldyjamontoast wrote:
charterboy wrote: How long have you been waiting to get that one in :wink: :wink:
mmmm and where were you on Thursday? dont know why I txt you at times....you cant even be bothered to send a reply
I was at work late and didn't have my phone on me. Sorry about that!
Alex King

ELR Guard, Guards Manager and Forum Admin
www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk
Eagle1711

Post by Eagle1711 »

mouldyjamontoast wrote:
Eagle1711 wrote:
mouldyjamontoast wrote: Longer than you could ever imagine!
I was at work late and didn't have my phone on me. Sorry about that!
hmmm i wonder who had it haha under the thumb matey :lol:

Get your clogs on, we have a new layout to build :wink:
Dan Jones