My "new look" website – A Portrait of Steam

Only railway orientated links please.
philjones

My "new look" website – A Portrait of Steam

Post by philjones »

Over the last few weeks I have been working on a “new look” website which has replaced my old “fotopic site”. As I have recently added the finishing touches, I now feel it is at a standard which is suitable for viewing. As always, any comments positive or negative are most welcome.

Kind Regards, Phil

http://www.aportraitofsteam.com/
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

:D :D 10 out of 10 ! Brilliant photos. :D :D
alt

Post by alt »

Phil,

Excellent stuff - especially like the slideshow effect. You've progressed a long way since the days when you asked me how I'd done the Crab video online (remember? yahoo elr steam group?)

Some quality photos there. :wink:
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

excellent photography and indeed website design, would you mind me asking what cameras you are using Phil?
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
philjones

Post by philjones »

Thanks for all the comments guys. They are most welcome.

Shredder, I am currently using a Nikon D40. I wouldn’t say it’s the best camera in the world but it seems to be doing the job (at least for now lol).

Alts, I think I vaguely remember. Whatever happened to the ELR steam group site? If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it had some pretty decent stuff on there.
alt

Post by alt »

philjones wrote:
Alts, I think I vaguely remember. Whatever happened to the ELR steam group site? If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it had some pretty decent stuff on there.
Phil,

'Vaguely' - at your age? You'll have no chance when you've got to mine then!!!! :lol:

The group was closed down by its founder but the 'add-on' site with the histories (to which you contributed greatly) still languishes online although I haven't looked at it for years so there could be gremlins and lost links now!
philjones

Post by philjones »

Ah yes, of course! I do remember now lol :lol: . Your videos were a lovely feature on the history pages (I think your videos where the first I ever seen online - well before the days of youtube ). To be honest I kind of lost interest in the whole Railway / Photography thing for a couple of years while I was at Uni. Mainly because I was always working weekends and so missed a couple of galas around the 2002/4 time. It’s only been the last 2 or 3 years I’ve seriously got back into it and so all the photographs on my “new” site have been taken within this time. Hopefully there will be a few more to come :wink: .
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

I use a D300 Phil and I can`t get it to take photographs as good as that mate lol
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.