The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 12-12-2021.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 12-12-2021.

Post by asbibby »

:D Today after returning to the UK i was joined by Jonathan, John and Clive, we all sampled a lovely bacon barm first with a brew in our workshop. :)

We had been given an early Christmas present in the way of a new bench grinder which had been nicked from our workshop previously, it was permanently duly fitted in our workshop. :)

Clive and John repaired a magnetic drill delivered to our workshop by Nigel Barnes from the Bury Standard 4 Group, the problem turned out to be a broken 110v power lead, this was replaced with a new yellow power lead and tested. :idea:

Jonathan and myself investigated why the Christmas lights on platform 2 at Bury Bolton Street Station were not working, the ladders were obtained to gain access to the mains socket under the canopy.
The fault turned out to be a blown 13A fuse in the plug top. :shock:

Clive had purchased a new waterproof electrical box to replace a broken one in which we keep the Christmas lights power leads in at Heywood Station. We used our ladders again and boarded the Santa Shuttle with our tools to install the new box.
Whilst at Heywood Station the Station master asked us to replace a number of bulbs in the Station waiting shelter and the lights on the walkway up to the Station booking office.

We checked to see what type of bulbs would be needed to replace the blown bulbs, three screw type and three bayonet type, it was then on the shuttle back to BBS to obtain the bulbs from our stock in the workshop. :idea:
Lunch was then taken in our workshop with a brew,

Once we had obtained the correct bulbs it was then back on the shuttle up to Heywood Station to replace all the blown bulbs
The lights were all tested to the satisfaction of the Station Master and we then returned again to our workshop in BBS.

On arrival back at BBS we noticed that the Christmas lights on platform two were out once again, a job for after Christmas me thinks!

A final brew was had with a sponge cake provided by John, we all then departed for home, back next Sunday. T.T.F.N.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.