The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 03-10-2021.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 03-10-2021.

Post by asbibby »

:D Just me and John in today on the Thomas the Tank Engine weekend, acting as carriage stewards on carriage A.
We met up in our workshop having obtained a ELR provided bacon muffin and a brew from the staff room on platform two and very nice it was. :)

I obtained our Thomas waistcoats and we both signed on in the Station Masters office at Bury Bolton Street Station, we then ensured that the customers were in their correct seats before distributing the Thomas certificates and colouring Thomas pictures for the children to colour in. 8)

After the third trip from BBS to Ramsbottom and return we had an ELR provided free lunch of Jockey's whips, sausages and gravy. :D

After each trip we cleared up any debris and rubbish from the carriage and sanitised all the tables to ensure everything was clean and tidy for the next customers. :P

A total of five return trips was completed, everyone said how much they had enjoyed the day, so a good time was had by one and all, both old and young. :)

I shall be back in two weeks has it is our motor club special stage rally at Three Sisters Race Circuit next Sunday 10-10-2021.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.