Electrical volunteer turned steward Saturday 19-09- 2020.

asbibby

Electrical volunteer turned steward Saturday 19-09- 2020.

Post by asbibby »

:D After missing last week a flu jab was administered, i was back stewarding on the grey timetable on Saturday, the weather forecast was very good with plenty sunshine and so it was.
Today's traction was the 0-6-0 tender engine Douglas, belonging to Andy Booth with five carriages in tow and the class 40 on duty operating the diesel diagram to Heywood. 8)

A briefing was given to all the stewards by Rory before taking up our positions on the train, we left on time at 10:00 hours and headed for the first stop at Burrs where quite a few more people boarded the train, it was then onto Ramsbottom Station and Rawtenstall. :D
On arrival at Rawtenstall Station all the tables, door handles etc. were all sanitised before the customers boarded the train back to Bury Bolton Street Station. :wink:

On arrival back in BBS lunch was taken before it was all onboard for the 12:30 train, my carriage had been reserved for a rail trail tour out of London so making my job a lot easier when noting all names and contact numbers for track & trace. :roll:

The Burrs halt again was busy with customers riding on the trains, Steve the station master doing a great job.

The final train of the day left again on time at 15:00 hours arriving back in BBS just one minute late, the trains were reasonably filled so hopefully the ELR made a bit of money.
:D

The pubs at Rawtenstall & BBS seemed to be doing a brisk business with all the punters enjoying the September sunshine. :D

I shall be back next Saturday for more stewarding work.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.