The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 26-01-2020.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 26-01-2020.

Post by asbibby »

:D Today the weather was a bit inclement, cloudy and wet, first task as usual was to have a warming brew before starting work, the merry men today consisted of Len, Clive, John, Jonathan and myself. :D

I attended a board meeting of The Bury Steam Locomotive Co. Ltd. in the FXP building adjacent to our workshop in Bury Bolton Street Station.

Jonathan and Len went off to test the fire alarm call points in BBS concourse and the Trackside pub, all worked satisfactory and the results logged.

All the team then recovered the container for Rawtenstall Christmas lights and the mobile tower scaffold and caught the next train to Rawtenstall Station. 8)

I came out of the board meeting at about 11:30 and went to our workshop which was empty, everyone must have been still up at Rawtenstall.
I had some lunch and then went to the Bury Standard 4 Group workshop to measure how much chain we would need to lower a fluorescent fitting in the next few weeks. :)

I packed away some of the new Christmas lights which had been purchased by the ELR and most of them not used?

The next task was to strip down a couple of five foot fluorescent fittings which had been scrapped, we can use a few of the components for spares. :lol:

The rest of the team then returned from Rawtenstall with the Christmas lights in their container. :roll:

We then tested a six foot fluorescent light fitting and tested two ordinary tubes and two LED six foot tubes. :idea:

We all had a final brew with some of Tesco,s finest chocolate eclairs, provided to us by Sue. :D

Back next week for more enlightening thoughts!
Last edited by asbibby on Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
XTMike

Re: The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 26-12-2019.

Post by XTMike »

Should I be concerned that I didn’t hear the fire alarms in the Booking Office at Bury?
Mike
asbibby

Re: The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 26-12-2019.

Post by asbibby »

Hi, Mike i was in a meeting and falsely presumed that the fire alarm call points had been checked as per usual. Alan.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.