The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 15-12-2019.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 15-12-2019.

Post by asbibby »

:D Today the weather was cold, wet and windy not very good for working outdoors so we stayed indoors, the intrepid volunteers today consisted of myself, Len, Clive, John and Jonathan. :roll:

Before starting work we all had a warming brew in the workshop after which we were asked if we could reinstate some Christmas decorations which had come down on platform two at BBS.
We got the double set of ladders from the workshop and sorted out the decorations. :o

A halogen heater had been left outside our workshop with Barrier written on the base of the heater, this was cleaned up and PAT tested, everything worked OK apart from the top halogen section and the on/off switch did not work. :roll:

Lunch was taken with pies provided by the ELR and Quality Street sweets provided by Sue, thanks. :D

We moved a few bits and pieces around in the workshop to create a bit of space for all the Santa led lights. 8)

A repair was done on one of our soldering irons and a new plug wired up on one of our portable heaters. :)

Clive and Jonathan went up to Tate Towers to fit a resistor on the heating control panel which was repaired last week and to check to ensure all the heating circuits were working correctly. :shock:

The lights had been left switched on in the tunnel to the north of BBS, the station staff had been brought this to our attention, they were all switched off with the cooperation of BBS station staff.

We then signed out for the day and made our way home to sit in front of the fire to thaw out, back next week for the final weekend of Santa Specials. :D
Last edited by asbibby on Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 15-12-2019.

Post by marflow »

Does anybody know where the 2nd frost stat in Tate Towers is?
The 1st is in the mess room in front of you as you come in.
I need to find it as I think it's permanently operated and trying to bring on the heat. It fails because there is a 2nd fault!
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere