The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 15-09-2019.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 15-09-2019.

Post by asbibby »

:) Nearly a full house in today, Jonathan, Clive, Len and myself, after a brew Jonathan and Len went off to do the routine fire alarm call point tests in The Trackside and BBS Concourse, all tested OK and the results logged. :o

I received a report last week that the blue button pedestrian crossing system was giving problems, Clive soon sorted it, battery problems and a broken wire in one of the four units.
They'll all got tested and proved to work OK. :shock:

We then packed up some tools and made our way up to Tate Towers in Baron Street to sort out the lighting problem in the mess room. Last week i found a shorted, on off switch but this proved not to be the fault, we disconnected the light units one by one until we found which unit was faulty.
A choke in one of the fluorescent units was short circuit, so it was decided to rewire the other two units and convert them to LED tubes, two had previously been converted.
A new switch was also fitted and now all the lights work OK, they are now all labelled up has being fitted with LED tubes. 8)

On our way back to BBS we stopped off in the Bury Standard 4 Group workshop to fit the last converted double LED light fitting, i had previously made and painted two brackets to hang the unit from so that it would illuminate the large lathe at the back of the workshop.

As everyone was feeling a bit peckish we retired back to our own workshop for some lunch and a brew.

After lunch it was back to the BS4G workshop to finish off wiring up and testing the double lighting unit, on fitting the LED tubes only one of them was lit, so it was down with the unit to find out what was wrong. It turned out to be a wire which had become disconnected, this was soon fixed, re-hung and tested OK. :idea:

A final brew was had and slice of swiss roll before we all left for home, back next week for more enlightening thoughts. :lol:
Last edited by asbibby on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 15-09-2019.

Post by marflow »

I see you hid the Swiss roll until I'd departed!!

Sod's law regarding the last twin fitting in STD4. The only one we couldn't test as it was built-up on site.

The 'new' drum clock on P2 seems to be OK after our messing with it beginning of August. (Remember it used to gain 10 or 20 minutes on a random basis?)
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere