The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-08-2019.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-08-2019.

Post by asbibby »

:D Today was Sci-Fi on the sidings at the ELR a great show was put on on the overbridge, i'm sure i saw Darth Vader, everyone seemed to be enjoying their day out in the sunshine with the Star Wars characters. 8)

The weather turned out to be fine and i was joined in the sunshine with, Jonathan, Clive, Len and Colin, Jonathan and Len said they could not test the fire alarm call points as the control box access was blocked by a display. :roll:

It was reported to us that the wall lights on platform two were lit continuously and the switch was nowhere to be found, so we texted Simon the ELR electrician and asked him were the switch was located, sorted.! :roll:

We then had a brew and some cakes before cleaning up two five foot fluorescent units, re-wiring and testing them before taking them down to the Bury Standard 4 Group workshop, where we are refurbishing and cleaning all the lights in the shed.

Lunch was taken back in our workshop before returning to BS4G and continuing with the light refurbishment, in total two units were swapped out and tested, which leaves just one more unit over the pit area left to change.
This will be changed once the pony truck for the Ivatt engine has been re-assembled, the fitting left to be changed is above were the pony truck is being worked on. :shock:

We tidied up and put away safely the mobile tower scaffold and the stabiliser legs, more work to be done there next week another twenty, five foot LED tubes have been ordered by the group to finish off converting all the lighting to LED's to reduce the electricity bill. :)

We all had a final brew in the workshop and demolished all that was left of the cream cakes bought for us by Sue, Mmmmm Mmmm, afternoon delight. :D

Back next week for more enlightening thoughts. :?
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.