The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 07-04-2019.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 07-04-2019.

Post by asbibby »

:) Just the three of us in today, Len, Jonathan and myself, Len & Jonathan went off to do the usual checks on the fire alarm call points in Bury Bolton Street Station, everything worked OK and the results were logged. :)

After a brew and one of Tesco's finest cream cake provided by sue we decided what would be the order of the day work wise. :lol:

I then attended a safety course about the safe operation of the barrow crossing hosted by Max Utley, our safety guru.
This course is to formally train staff on the safe operation of the barrow crossing at the north end of Bury Bolton Street Station. 8)

We had been informed that some fluorescent light fittings in the Bury Standard 4 Group workshop were not working.
One of the pit lights which was easily accessible was soon sorted out, it just being a loose tube, the other pit light nearest the roller shutter door was left as we could not gain access due to very heavy apparatus up against the fitting to enable us to see what the problem was. :(

Lunch was then taken back in our workshop, with a brew and another cream cake.

It was then back to the Bury Standard 4 Group shed to sort out why two eight foot fluorescent fittings would not light up, it was decided to change one of the eight foot fluorescent fitting which after trying a a couple of spare tubes still would not work.
A new spare fitting was sourced from our spares stock, this was taken back to the shed and the old unit taken down and the new one fitted in it's place, success the fitting worked, the remaining eight foot fitting will be changed next Sunday. 8)

A final brew was had with another cream cake before we all retired and made our way home to watch the footy. :roll:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Union Pacific

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 07-04-2019.

Post by Union Pacific »

Beware! cream cakes will be scarce after Brexit, I don't know what you will do then, starve I suppose. :shock: :shock:
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
asbibby

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 07-04-2019.

Post by asbibby »

:D have no fear we have made contingency plans.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.