The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 10-02-2019.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 10-02-2019.

Post by asbibby »

:) Four of us in today, Jonathan, Len, Clive and myself, after a swift brew, Len and Jonathan went off to do the usual fire alarm call point testing in The Trackside pub and Bury Bolton Street Concourse.
The testing was satisfactory and the results entered into the respective log books. 8)

Clive and myself made our way to the shop on BBS Concourse to replace the starters and D type bulbs which had been ordered for us by Simon the ELR electrician. A total of seven units were cleaned and had new innards fitted. :idea:

Len and Jonathan had requested last Sunday that the keys to the diesel shed should be left for us to gain access so that we could carry out PAT testing on all the electrical tools, machines, welding equipment and electrical extension leads both 110V and 240V.
They brought back to our workshop various items which required our attention as they had failed PAT testing.

Clive and myself changed a battery in the intruder alarm unit protecting the Bury Standard 4 Group shop.

We then paid a visit to the BS4G shed to recover some conduit which we had made in the last couple of weeks, some brackets would need to be made to secure the conduit to the rear of the drivers seat. This conduit will contain the wiring to power the Smiths speedo on 80097, we obtained a strip of approximately one inch metal plate and took it back to our workshop to make the three brackets which are needed. 8)

Lunch was then taken in our workshop, no cakes today, only biscuits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clive, Jonathan and Len then carried on with repairing some of the failed electrical tools and equipment from the diesel shed, once repaired they were PAT tested again and then all returned back to the diesel shed. :D

I made the three brackets that were required for the conduit, then painted them and the conduit in Hammerite black paint.
We will give them another coat of black paint next week and make another three brackets to support the flexible conduit which will goes along the cab roof to the back of the Smiths speedo. :roll:

We had one final brew before making our way home, back next week for more enlightening thoughts. :idea:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.