The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 19-08-2018

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 19-08-2018

Post by asbibby »

Today on a wet and cloudy day i was joined by Clive, Len, John and Jonathan.

:D Today the ELR was taken over by the Sci-Fi fraternity and well attended the event was, with the trains well filled.
We tested out the blue button crossing equipment which performed correctly.

We omitted the testing of the fire alarm call points as there were to many members of the public around the Station confines.

It was planned that we would be going up to Summerseat Station to take down some of the lamp heads for refurbishment but the weather was not conducive to working outdoors in Summerseat. We will wait for some better weather, hopefully next Sunday. :P

The Bury Standard 4 volunteers asked us to look at a double fluorescent unit which was lighting up the inside of the cab of 80097 whilst work on the engine was taking place.
The unit was not keen on working in an upright position but seemed to work OK when we positioned it in an higher position horizontally.
We checked out a problem with one of the lathes in the workshop that was causing a problem, the cause does not appear to be an electrical problem.
A 6 foot fluorescent tube was also replaced in front of the radial arm machine. :idea:

A new cabinet display light unit in the BS4G shop on platform two was looked at, this was to light up a new display of badges which the group had bought, the problem turned out to be a missing 12 volt two pin lamp. A new one will be fitted next week.

Lunch was then taken before we decided to install two of the lamp heads on platform two in Bury Bolton Street Station, this involved fitting the modified apparatus required to fit the non standard lamp posts which they are to be fitted on.
We will test them out at a later date once the main power cable has been terminated. :D

It was then back to our workshop for a final brew and a slice of sponge cake supplied by John before making our way home. :)
Last edited by asbibby on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Union Pacific

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 19-08-2018

Post by Union Pacific »

I have never seen a 12 foot fluorescent light in my life, where would I get one for my kitchen?
Last edited by Union Pacific on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
david layland
Location: Wigan, home of the 2018 Super League champions and the 2013 FA Cup winners

Post by david layland »

Union Pacific wrote:I have never seen a 12 foot flourescent light in my life, where would I get one for my kitchen?
I've never seen a flourescent, let alone a 12 foot one, is it white flour?
alt

Post by alt »

david layland wrote:
Union Pacific wrote:I have never seen a 12 foot flourescent light in my life, where would I get one for my kitchen?
I've never seen a flourescent, let alone a 12 foot one, is it white flour?

No it's self-raising ....... to 12 foot.
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

:D I HAD 12 FEET ON MY MIND OR WAS THAT SOMETHING ELSE, SORRY 6 FOOT, WITH NOT A SIGHT OF ANY FLOUR SELF RAISING OR OTHERWISE.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.