The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 22-07-2018.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 22-07-2018.

Post by asbibby »

8) All five Sunday Electrical Volunteers signed in today, Jonathan, myself, Clive, Len and John, we had a swift brew before doing the usual checks on the fire alarm call points and the blue button call points on the foot crossing at Bury Bolton Street Station.
All worked satisfactorily and we recorded the results. :D

I attended a board meeting of The Bury Steam Locomotive Company Limited in the FXP building from 09:30 to 11:30 whilst everyone else started to strip old paint and clean up the glass lenses off the tunnel pedestrian lights which are in the process of being rewired by the ELR full time electricians.
Two have already been rewired and the other three had been dissconected and were on our workbench in our workshop, these were cleaned and then rubbed down ready for painting. :)
The two already rewired will be cleaned and painted next week probably.

Lunch was then taken outdoors again with Swiss jam roll provided by Len. :D

Extension leads from the permanent way workshop were rounded up and PAT tested, first the 240v leads then the 110v extension leads, some required rewiring of the plugs.
More electrical portable tools need testing at a later date, when we can gain access. :idea:

I made my way up to Baron Street Yard to check on how the grit blasting was taking place by members of the Bury Standard 4 Group, this ensured that it was being safely done and the correct PPE was being used. :)

We then painted the three remaining tunnel light fittings and hung them up to dry in the workshop, they will need assembling and rewiring by Simon during the week. :D

A final brew was had with a piece of jam sponge cake provided by John an ASDA special. :)

That was it for another day in the electrical department, back next week.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.