The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 03-06-2018.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 03-06-2018.

Post by asbibby »

:D Another beautiful day at the East Lancashire Railway bathed in bright sunshine, i was joined by Clive, Jonathan and Len, John was on a radio club do in Adlington.

Simon and Louis joined us in our workshop and they had arranged PAT testing in Baron Street Works with all the electrical power tools and extension leads being made available for us to test. :idea:

The first task of the morning was to test out the fire alarm call points in the Trackside and Bury Bolton Street Station, Len and Jonathan completed the job and recorded the results. :D

We had a swift brew with some strawberries supplied by Sue and a few chocolate hob nob biscuits.

Clive fixed a fluorescent fitting in the 26B shop and i replaced a D type light fitting in the shop on Bury Bolton Street Concourse.

Jonathan and myself then sorted out a few tools, the PAT tester and printer and made our way to Baron Street works, Clive and Len did some measurements and made a drawing to enable us to fit some lamp heads to two lamp post on platform two. 8)

We tested all the 110V tools first, approximately twenty units, three new plugs were fitted and a couple of plugs were rewired.
Some power tools failed the PAT test and these will be looked at in our workshop over the next few weeks, Simon will bring them to our workshop next week. :D

It was then back to the workshop for some lunch about 13:00 hours, then back to Baron Street Works to carry on with the PAT testing, this time it was the turn of the 240V electrical power tools, in total forty units were successfully tested and put back in their respective cupboards.
A number of 110V lighting units were also tested, two tripod units and three portable lighting units. :)

All our test gear was then collected and we returned to the workshop, no brew and no cake so off we went home, what will next week bring?

We shall see :?:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.