The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-2-2018.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-2-2018.

Post by asbibby »

:) Len had contacted us earlier on to say he would not be in today, so that left Clive, John, Jonathan and myself to tackle a few jobs that required our attention. :P

After a swift brew and a piece of cream sponge cake provided by John it was down to work, Clive had brought in some spare parts from home to repair and modify some equipment. :D

The new electrical workshop heater was repaired a new heat fuse was fitted and the unit tested.

The fire alarm call points in the BBS booking hall and the Trackside were all tested and logged, a new call point label was fitted on a unit which was replaced last Sunday. :wink:

We collected some tools and caught the next train up to Ramsbottom Station and made our way to Ramsbottom signal box to modify the circuit for the remote control of Summerseat lights at Rammy signal box. 8)

It was then back back to the Ramsbottom Station to catch the DMU to Summerseat Station to modify the remote control switching circuitry in the electrical cubicle.
At Summerseat Station, the power supply unit is now not earthed, we just need a pair located to us now by the Signalling & Telegraph team. :)

It was reported to us that the Summerseat station platform lights were coming on during non operating days, the electronic timer was reset to come on on Saturday & Sunday only between the hours of 16:30 to 19:30, the photo-cell will keep the lights off when it is light during this time slot. :idea:

The DMU was then boarded taking us back to Bury Bolton Street Station and our workshop for some well earned lunch.
We had to utilise the DMU service because the main diesel gala trains were running through Summerseat Station all day. :roll:

After a nice lunch and a few jockeys whips we turned our attention to the Smiths speedo components the regulator and generator off the Bury Standard 4 Group's engine 80097.
We now have a spare regulator unit for the engine.
The nuts and bolts holding all the various covers and connections on the generator and regulator were all cleaned and then wired up to prevent the nuts and bolts coming loose once the two units are bolted to the engine.
Once we have the Smiths speedo head back from repair we shall set about the task of calibrating the speedo. :x

A final brew was had before making our way home, back next week for some more generating thoughts. :?
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
r2sfr

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-2-2018.

Post by r2sfr »

Must say that I was very impressed by the refurbished lamps at Ramsbottom, although they seemed to be on earlyish. Well done to all.
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

r2sfr wrote:Must say that I was very impressed by the refurbished lamps at Ramsbottom, although they seemed to be on earlyish. Well done to all.
They are switched on manually by the Station staff, they are not automatically switched on. 8)
david layland
Location: Wigan, home of the 2018 Super League champions and the 2013 FA Cup winners

Post by david layland »

Still hoarse, Alan???
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

You wouldn't chuckle, i had to have a couple of pints when i got home. :?