The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-12-2017.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-12-2017.

Post by asbibby »

:) A full team turned out today apart from Len who is still suffering from a chest infection, on another very cold day we ventured out onto the first Santa train of the day to Ramsbottom Station to fix the Ramsbottom signal box outside light.
The light which has a delay built into the switch is to enable the signallers to depart the box steps safely by illuminating the area and then switching off after a short delay.

Once the ladders had been obtained from Ramsbottom Station we found out that there was two faults, first the delay timer mechanism was faulty and the lamp fitting was also faulty which resulted in us dismantling the lamp head and taking it back to our workshop in Bury bolton Street Station to change the fitting.

Lunch was taken in the workshop with a piece of fruit cake each, it was then back onto the next Santa train back to Ramsbottom signal box, to restore the lamp head and test it out.
The button was pressed in the box and it now does what it is supposed to do, i.e. turn the light on outside and the switch off after a couple of minutes.

The ladders were then used to sort out a station lamp on platform one, a led lamp was replaced after failing, this will be returned to our supplier for replacement as these led lights are supposed to last a very long time allegedly.

We then returned back to our workshop for a welcome warm and a piece of sponge cake supplied by John.
We are all having next Sunday off Christmas Eve but we will be back on New Years Eve a week on Sunday.

A Merry Christmas to all ELR staff and volunteers and readers of the NUELR Forum and a prosperous New Year.

Here's to 80097 steaming on ELR metals in 2018.
Last edited by asbibby on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 16-12-2017.

Post by marflow »

Will have to go easy on't cake next year! Or there won't be room in our little workshop.

The re-engineered clock at Rammy seems to be doing alright. I'd be grateful if any of the Rammy staff have effected any adjustment to it that they let me know so I can take that into account when rating.

Regarding the SST lamps. I think we should chuck some sand and cement (maybe mixed with a bit of ant powder) down each of the posts on the soily ramp (ones on the platform are OK). It'll get wet and set, hopefully thwarting the ants. Then we need to fit a new fuse-cut-out.

See you 2018
C
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere