The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 24-9-2017.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 24-9-2017.

Post by asbibby »

:D A full team out today on a very warm day for late September, with plenty of visitors for the September Diesel Gala.
I was joined by Clive, Jonathan, John and Len, after a swift brew with a piece of Lens Marks & Sparks Swiss roll, Len and myself tested the fire alarms in the Trackside and the Booking hall in Bury Bolton Street station. Everything worked satisfactory and the results were recorded in the respective log books.

We recovered the six lamp heads which we had recently taken down in Ramsbottom Station, they were duly sanded down, had the various dents removed, spiders evicted and given a through clean prior to being painted black.

I found a misplaced regulator that works with the Smiths generator speedo, i thought it had gone walks but while i was looking for some three core electrical cable that i came across the original regulator. :oops:
I transfered all the internal components into the spare regulator case which had been stripped down and repainted, this will all be tested as soon as we get the Smiths speed head back from the instrument mechanic.
It has now been put in a safe place in our workshop along with all the other speedo components. :D

Lunch was taken el fresco outside of our workshop with the sound of the Whistler in the background as it departed BBS.

A job we had been asked to do by The Bury standard Four Group was to install a light fitting to illuminate the valve gear etc. on the engine. A twin fitting was given to us to test and install, we took the fitting back to our workshop and the unit tested out OK.
It was then back to the BS4G workshop to install the fitting, this was done and the fitting worked OK.

Back outside our workshop we finished off painting the tops of the lamp heads.

A final brew was by all with a piece of coffee cake brought in by Clive.

Once the lamp heads were dry to the touch we stored the lamp heads ready for the reflectors to be painted white next week.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
dave roderick

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 24-9-2017.

Post by dave roderick »

asbibby wrote::D

Lunch was taken el fresco outside of our workshop
Being a pedant, there is some tautology going on here since you could hardly be al fresco in your workshop. I would get out more but I don't do al fresco ... :? :?
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

dave roderick wrote:
asbibby wrote::D

Lunch was taken el fresco outside of our workshop
Being a pedant, there is some tautology going on here since you could hardly be al fresco in your workshop. I would get out more but I don't do al fresco ... :? :?
Quote. from the blog, Lunch was taken el fresco outside of our workshop with the sound of the Whistler in the background as it departed BBS.

Like wot i rote lunch was taken el fresco outside of our workshop!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
r2sfr

Post by r2sfr »

Nice to put faces to your reports even though I wasn't sure who was who.
Just proves that people DO enjoy reading your exploits.