The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 05-02-2017.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 05-02-2017.

Post by asbibby »

:) All five of us were in attendance today, John, Jonathan, Clive, Len and myself.
Someone had left a Burco hot water boiler outside of our workshop in Bury Bolton Street Station, it was brought into the workshop and filled with water to establish if the element was working. :shock:
The water started to boil OK but the neon was not lit to show the mains was on, when it was stripped down some loose connections were found. These connections were soldered up and heat shrink sleeving fitted, more testing then took place to ensure the neon was lit and the thermostat was working
The boiler was then finally PAT tested and the boiler put into our stock. :)

Lunch was taken with a warming brew, but no cake, today. :shock:

The next task was to see what was wrong with the moving coil speedo off 80097, it appears that the bearings on the moving coil meter are shot. We went up to the Bury Standard 4 Group workshop to measure the diameter of the driving wheels to calculate the full scale deflection on a replacement three quarter scale moving coil meter.
It was calculated to be 38 volts per full scale deflection I.E. !00 MPH, i don't think we will be going that fast though. :roll:
The old meter was stripped down to enable the eventual replacement meter to be fitted once we find a replacement meter.

We then called it a day, we shall be back next week, as the actress said to the Bishop. :lol:
Last edited by asbibby on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Wizzo

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 05-02-2017.

Post by Wizzo »

Wot ! no cake!!! You lot slimming (new years res. ??? ) or had you just forgot it, more likely !!!!

Bret.
asbibby

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 05-02-2017.

Post by asbibby »

Wizzo wrote:Wot ! no cake!!! You lot slimming (new years res. ??? ) or had you just forgot it, more likely !!!!

Bret.
I forgot on our last brew before leaving we found some mince pies in our fridge, left over from Christmas they were OK nay problem. 8)

Cake reputation restored. :!:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.