The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-9-2016.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-9-2016.

Post by asbibby »

8) Sunday turned out to be a lovely warm day with just the four of us in today, myself, John, Len and Jonathan.
John, Len and myself were delayed by the massive diversion via Pilsworth from Manchester on the way into Bury, due to a 10K run taking place in Bury town centre. :roll:
Clive, i am the egg man was Pat & Mick with a heavy cold so he was not with us today, sorry all Clive's customers.

I had received a phone call asking us to check out two urgent problems on lathes, one in Baron Street shed and the other lathe in the BS4G workshop.
We grabbed some tools and a multimeter and legged it up to Baron Street first, after investigation it was found that the emergency stop button on the floor had been depressed, knocking off all power to the machine tools.
The stop button was released and everything worked OK.

We then made our way back to the BS4G workshop to check out the lathe that had been reported not working, after some more investigation it was found that an unmarked isolator and 415V 3 phase fuse box had one blown 16A fuse.
This was replaced with a good spare fuse and the lathe was checked out working OK, this lathe is being used to machine a four metre longitudinal bar for 80097,s boiler which is still at Adam Dalgleish Engineering in Stockton On Tees.
The boiler is now well overdue being delivered back to us in Bury, every effort is being done to bring the boiler back as soon as possible. :roll:

Back in our workshop we tested out the fire alarm call points in the Trackside and Bury Bolton Street station concourse, all worked OK and the results were logged. :)

The workshop was given a tidy up, we then had a final brew with a piece of sponge cake which John had brought in for us to sample, a quarter each with no Clive present!

I will not be in next Sunday, we are off to Bakewell in Derbyshire to sample some Bakewell Tarts, as the actress said to the bishop. :shock:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.