The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 28-8-2016.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 28-8-2016.

Post by asbibby »

8) On a decent Sunday, weather wise i was joined by Len, Jonathan and John, Clive was entertaining his son back from Australia.

After partaking of a brew we went up to the carriage & wagon shed to see if Simon had made a start on installing the steel trunking to enable us to fit fluorescent light fittings along with led tubes. The job had not been started so it was back to the workshop to pick up some led tubes and a few tools so that we could take advantage of some stock which had been removed from inside the shed.

On road one of the shed we rewired one unit and changed the tubes for led ones and tested the unit, it was then an early lunch because we needed to source some chocolate block connectors to facilitate the changing of the other three lighting units. :o

After a quick lunch it was back to the carriage and wagon shed to finish off changing and testing the lighting units. One of the old fittings had some faulty end caps so the whole electrical unit was changed for a new fitting complete with led tubes.

That was as much has we could do in the shed as carriages were obstructing us from changing any more units, we will be back next week to see if we convert some more. :)

After returning to our workshop we had another brew and a piece of Lemon cake which John had brought in for us to sample, it was then down to the Bury Standard 4 Group workshop to do some more work on the Smith's speedo for 80097.

P.S. I am sure i saw a flying pink pig over Bury Bolton Street Station on Sunday, very strange!
Last edited by asbibby on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
martin_livingstone

Re: The Sunday Electrical Volunteers Report 28-8-2016.

Post by martin_livingstone »

... P.S. I am sure i saw a flying pink pig over Bury Bolton Street Station on Sunday ...

It was only a matter of time before one of you upped the cake stakes.

(John been to Amsterdam lately?)
"Scattered showers my arse - Noah"