The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 14-8-2016.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 14-8-2016.

Post by asbibby »

8) Just the four of us in today, John, Clive, Len and myself, i was late in, my excuse i am looking after a boxer dog for a fortnight whilst it's owners are on their holidays.

The fire alarm call points were checked out by Len and John, then it was decided that we would all go to the carriage & wagon shed to suss out how we could erect the new steel trunking that will allow us to replace all the hi-bay lighting with LED tube fittings.

We will need some welded chain to suspend the trunking from the hi bay conduit high up in the apex of the building, Simon the full time electrician will order the material that we will need next week.
We can utilise the same existing conduit to control the lighting on road two, which is switched in two sections.

It was then back to our workshop for a brew and some lunch.

The next job was to see if we could re-assemble the generator unit off the Bury Standard 4 Group engine 80097, we have been working on and off this generator, fitting a new coil and magnet from an old DMU unit.
The shaft on the DMU is of a different thickness so the shaft we are using from 80097 will have to have a brass sleeve made to enable the magnet to fit correctly.
The coil which also can from the same DMU unit was fitted and drilled, it is now waiting for the correct size of drill to enable us to tap it and put a screw in to stop it turning.

We had one final brew and split a chocolate cake between us, which John had kindly brought in for us to sample. We then cleaned up the workshop and made our way home.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.