The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 19-6-2016.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 19-6-2016.

Post by asbibby »

8) Today the team consisted of John, Len, Clive, Jonathan and myself, Simon and Lewis were still on their annual leave.

The fire alarm call points were tested as usual in the Trackside pub/cafe and Bury Bolton Street concourse, everything tested out OK and the results logged.

After a brew it was decided to renovate the electrical cabinets near the standard four group shop, both cabinets were due to be painted. We obtained some wire brushes and scrapers, removed the loose paint and rubbed down all the rusted parts of the cabinets ready for painting.

Jonathan set to with his paint brush painting the first electrical cabinet, whilst i chopped down a tree which was growing out of the wall adjacent to the BS4G shop.

I then rubbed down the other electrical box which controls the Christmas lights alongside platform two.

We then all adjourned for some lunch outside of our workshop.

Lunch all consumed we then finished off with the painting of the Christmas lights control box, after which we decided to take a ride on the new class 40 locomotive up to Rawtenstall and back whilst the paint was drying on the cabinets we had refurbished.

A final brew was partaken of, no cake today :( before leaving for home.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.