The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 22-05-2016.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 22-05-2016.

Post by asbibby »

I was joined by Len and John today, Jonathan is on holiday and Clive was at a radio club meeting on Ashurst Beacon.

I met Simon the full time ELR electrician in the workshop which had been flooded by up to an inch of water due to a blocked drain just outside our workshop.
A bit of cleaning up was required before we commenced any work, Simon asked us if we would start to modify and fit LED tubes in the woodwork shop attached to the carriage and wagon shed.
We managed to modify and fit three light fittings before lunch which was taken back in our workshop, which by now had dried out OK.

The Smiths speedo we have been working on for the past few weeks was taken back to the standard four workshop for some more fettling. The magnet from the spare DMU speedo, will have to be sleeved to fit on the bigger shaft of the Smiths steam engine speedo this will then match up the coil we took from the DMU unit.

It was then back to the Joiners shop and armed with more LED tubes we managed to modify another three light fittings and fit LED tubes.
We will be back next week to finish off the job of replacing all the old tubes with LED ones.

I then made a bee line for home to make my way to Manchester City's ground to soak up the atmosphere before watching the England v Turkey game and what hard work they made of it! We will need to play a lot better if we are to progress in the Euro's.

P.S. Don't mention the war next weekend!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.