The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 19-10-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 19-10-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D On Saturday Jonathan did some more work on the carriage plug refurbishment programme and to have a shufty at the two streaks, Union of South Africa & Sir Nigel Gresley, both featuring in the ELR Autumn Steam Gala.

Sunday and the car park was full when i turned up just after 09:00 hours, the place was heaving with people watching all the action going on around them. One of the best if not the best gala the ELR as ever put on, it was GREAT.

Back to more mundane tasks the fire alarm call points were all checked out satisfactorily in BBS and The Trackside by Len & Jonathan.
John and myself had a look at a hot water boiler which was deemed scrap after it was found that replacement elements cannot be sourced for that particular model.

BBS station staff informed us that the platform three/four lamp post mounted lights were not working yesterday evening.
We investigated and found that when the old Gents toilet had been converted into a disabled, baby changing room, a new electrical distribution box had been installed and the platform lights cable had not been reconnected.
A job for Simon the full time ELR electrician me thinks. :oops:

The next task was to respond to a report that in the mess room down at Baron Street works, a light was not working.
A new starter and fluorescent tube was fitted and tested OK.

Back to our workshop for some lunch and a brew and to watch the abundance of train movements in and out of BBS Station, there was a lot of cricking going on.

After our refreshments we cut new carriage lead cable into 28 inch lengths, stripped the cables and soldered cleaned up copper pins for the new carriage plug refurbishment programme.

Four were completed with lugs and heat shrink fitted, whilst another eight were partially completed.

Next week could be the start of the Christmas light installation program at Heywood, BBS, Ramsbottom and Rawtenstall Stations, that is if the weather is kind to us!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.