The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 10-8-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 10-8-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D Nearly a full team out on Sunday only John was missing, Len picked up Clive and brought him to the railway and i was joined by Jonathan. Jonathan and myself went off to check that the fire alarm call points were working satisfactorily in The Trackside and BBS booking hall, everything worked fine and we recorded the findings in the log books.

Seeing that the weather wasn't playing ball today after a glorious day yesterday it was decided to make a permanent fix on the Halloween Cauldron, which we had made last year. An upturned plastic bucket provided the ideal part to be modified to make an air tunnel to channel the air up into the fan. The cauldron legs were made more secure and just a netting cover and some knicker elastic is now needed to complete the job, donations of light silky material to imitate flames and elastic will be gratefully received.

Simon has now provided us with all the material needed to complete the installation of lighting in the Ramsbottom Station waiting shelter,, we will complete this job when the weather is more amenable.

Three carriage plug shells were stripped of years of paint and prepared for painting, which would have taken place but someone has nicked our black metal paint, bought by yours truly from Aldi.

We had been told my one of the guards that some charging carriage leads in the six foot on Bury Bolton Street Station had been damaged after being run over. These were inspected and two were found to be damaged, the damage was found to be close to the electrical plugs so the leads were cut back and the plugs re-terminated.
Please all guards ensure that no electrical charging leads are placed across the top of the railway track, the leads should be underneath the rails. :x

The last job of the day was to replace some five foot fluorescent tubes in the carriage & wagon shed, after which we all had a brew and a slice of Mr. Kipling's finest. :)
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.