The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-5-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-5-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:) Just me and Jonathan in today Sunday, Clive was on the top of a hill, Ashurst Beacon and John was at a radio show, Len must have been in the back garden keeping the sun off his shallots!

The first job we did was to test out the fire alarm call points as usual in The Trackside and Bury Bolton Street Station, everything worked fine and the results were logged.

We then had a good brew before collecting the long stepladders and all our tools, before catching the next train to Summerseat Station.
Today's task was to take down four lamp heads for refurbishment, the first lamp head was disconnected only to discover the ants had been busy in the base of the lamp standard, they were all over the place. I'm still itching thinking about it, i smeared some grease all round the lamp post base cover to see if that would discourage them.
Another three lamp heads were removed and capped before catching the train back to our workshop for some dinner and a brew.

The four lamp heads were stripped down, the shed full of spiders evicted from the various nooks and crannies in the lamp heads, the lamp bowls washed and dried.

Some running repairs were done on all four lamp heads, loose captive nuts epoxy resined and dents knocked out were the local hollies had been practicing their stone throwing activities.

Jonathan then painted all four tops of the lamp heads, the rest of the painting will be done later. 8)

Another brew in the glorious sunshine was partaken of before we made our way home, back next week for the war weekend, don't mention the Germans!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.