The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 13-4-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 13-4-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D On Saturday Jonathan came in to paint the four station lamp heads we had taken down and cleaned from Ramsbottom Station, all four lamp heads were painted ready for us to reinstall them on Sunday.
Jonathan took some time to clear the workshop before he could start the task of repainting the lamps on the workshop benches.

I was late getting in having arrived back home from the FA Cup semi final at Wembley at just after one in the morning.
Jonathan was joined by Len who had brought in a Birthday cake for us all to sample, the fire alarm call points were tested as usual and the results logged.

My wife had carried on having a clear out of items she doesn't use anymore, handbags and costume jewellery and these were given to the newly refurbished ELR shop to be sold.

Len was not feeling to well so he decided to go home, John said he would be in but on giving him a call on his mobile he was also under the weather with a bad chest, it must be catching.
Clive was also absent but he should be back with us shortly, that left just myself and Jonathan to transport the lamp heads, a ladder and all our tools and make our way on the train up to Ramsbottom Station. The train was extended to six coaches as Ramsbottom was holding it's annual Chocolate Festival over the weekend.

We arrived at Ramsbottom Station and unloaded all four repainted lamp heads, the ladder and our tools, as we waited for the train to depart before installing the lamp heads, the diesel was having difficulties drawing away from the station and stopped on the busy level crossing. A couple of minutes passes and it was decided that the train would back up into the station again and send for help to assist the class 37.

The four lamp heads were fitted and three lamp heads removed to take back to the workshop for cleaning, metalwork rubbing down and then repainted. We caught the next train back to Bury Bolton Street Station, unloaded all our gear and had a late lunch with a brew.
We decided to put Len's birthday cake in the fridge and share it out next week, Easter holidays permitting. :?
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.