The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 30-3-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 30-3-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:roll: Jonathan sent us all an E mail to say he was Pat & Mick and would not be with us this weekend, so no work electrical or otherwise was done on Saturday. Hopefully he will be back with us next week, Clive is also still Pat & Mick, get well soon Clive.

On Sunday i was late after dropping off my wife at our daughter's for a Mother's Day lunch outing.
When i arrived at our workshop, which was locked and empty but the lights were on, I found out later that John and Len were helping out Simon the full time electrician, who was working on the renovation of the shop on BBS concourse.

All the Station clocks required resetting to British Summer Time, and has it turned out it was a glorious start to BST with the sun quite warm and people enjoying a drink in the sunshine outside of The Trackside pub/cafe.
There are a number of time clocks which also needed resetting along with the large wooden works clock in Buckley Wells Shed.

The fire alarm call points were also checked in Bury Bolton Street Station and The Trackside, the alarm call point in the gents toilets on platform two caused us a problem, after it was tripped the alarm went off but it would not reset.
The problem turned out to be the call point not resetting correctly, after being stripped down we got it working correctly.

Lunch was then had in the workshop with a brew, after lunch we cleaned and rubbed down four lamp post heads which had been removed from Ramsbottom Station last weekend.
The plastic lamp covers were also given a thorough cleaning with soapy water, the lamp heads will be painted next week with fresh Hammerite black paint.
We keep a check on the condition of the lamp heads at all our Stations and at present it seems that we have to strip and repaint them every five years, to keep corrosion at bay.

No one had brought in cakes this week so we had to purchase Eccles cakes from the buffet, at a cost of one pound each, still they tasted quite nice.

That was it for another week, we still have loads of work to do on the railway, the clock resetting at Rawtenstall station will have to wait till next weekend. 8)
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.