The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 9-2-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 9-2-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D I was late in the workshop on Sunday, the rest of the electricians, Clive, John Len and Jonathan, i discovered had taken a ride up to Rawtenstall Station after receiving a written defect report on the Booking Hall clock.
The fault turned out to be an accumulation of grease on the mechanism, this was duly cleaned up and the clock was working once again. 8)

After a brew in the workshop Jonathan and Len tested out the fire alarm call points at Bury Bolton Street Station and recorded their findings.

I decided to see if i could find out why one of the station lamp heads we had taken down from Ramsbottom Station a few weeks ago was collecting water in the bottom of the plastic globe.
On investigating i found out that one of the screw holes containing a captive bolt had come loose and that over a period of time rain water was getting into the globe. the unit was dismantled and the captive nut was fixed in position with epoxy resin.
The top of the lamp head was also given a similar treatment, another bolt becoming loose allowing water ingress in the top of the lamp head, it will be repainted and then doused in water to see if the remedial work on the lamp head as been successful or not.

Later in the afternoon the rest of the crew returned after collecting one of the lamp head plastic globes which some vandals had knocked off late last year, thanks to Mr. Wilson the astute gardener who looks after Summerseat Station gardens for finding the globe and telling us where he had safely hidden it.

We will be repainting all the station lamp heads at Ramsbottom and Summerseat in Spring/Summer with a bit of luck.

A brew was taken with a chocolate bomb cake that John had brought in for us all to scoff with copious amounts of rosy lee, and very nice it was. :)

We have not seen the uninvited guest in the shape of a big fat mouse since the wooden board was fitted to the bottom of our workshop door, it must have taken up residence somewhere else?
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.