The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 5-1-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 5-1-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D First Sunday of 2014 for me, I was late getting to the workshop, Len, Clive, Jonathan and John had already assembled the mobile tower scaffold and the two cases for the recovery of the Christmas lights at Heywood Station.
The weather wasn't too bad i was told whilst recovering the lights, only when they got back from Heywood did it start to drizzle, the very fine stuff that get's you wet through.

We all had lunch together in our workshop, it was decided that we would put away the scaffold because of the inclement weather, the Christmas lights along platform two were going to be recovered. We will leave them up till the weather improves.

A clean up of the workshop was undertaken and a stock check taken on the spare lights we held.

Some of the pins from the stripped down carriage plugs needed the soldered wires removing prior to them being soaked in vinegar to remove all the crud accumulated over the years.
The gas torch we use to heat up the pins and melt the solder was giving us some problems, i.e. there was no gas coming out of the nozzle. This could not be resolved so a new nozzle will have to be purchased.

Clive got to work clearing the work bench and finding room for various components we use occasionally.

Meanwhile i started to strip the years of paint off some of the carriage plugs which Jonathan had stripped down a few weeks ago, these will be painted later.

A good clean up of the floor of the workshop was done before we all called it a day, back next week for more Christmas light recovery, weather permitting. :lol:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.