The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 4-7-2010.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 4-7-2010.

Post by asbibby »

Jonathan came in on Saturday to paint some more station lamp heads, on Sunday they had dried so we put them into store upstairs in our workshop.
Clive and Len caught the train up to Rawtenstall to correct the timing on the newly installed clocks, Clive had reprogrammed a chip to correct the timing in the electronics.
Jonathan and myself went down to the carriage and wagon workshop to check on quantity of refurbished carriage plugs, there are only six left so we will have to intensify the refurbishment program.
Whilst we were at the carriage sidings we found two semi derelict MK2 carriages with grotty plugs so these were cut off and taken back to our workshop.
I updated our carriage plug database so far we have refurbished plugs on ten carriages, that amounts to forty refurbished plugs, only another thirty carriages to go, a total of one hundred and twenty plugs to strip, paint and rewire, I'm feeling faint already!
We all met up again in the workshop for lunch and a brew before setting out for the carriage sidings again to recover some bulkhead light fittings off the old Lancashire and Yorkshire carriage. This carriage had been miraculously removed from it's location under the road bridge at BBS, down to the Baron Street gates on carriage siding two.
We removed the fittings and wiring before going into the carriage and wagon workshop to use the drill to drill out the old brass screws from the plugs we had previously removed.
Back in our workshop we prepared twelve lengths of the cabling we use for the carriage plugs, ready for next week when we will reassemble some more of the same.
The last job was to clean up the fittings we had removed from the old L & Y carriage and put them back into our stock.
We then had our last brew before going home.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.