The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21st Febuary 2010.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21st Febuary 2010.

Post by asbibby »

I woke up this morning and the white stuff was with us again, this must have put a stop to Clive, Len and John joining Jonathan and myself this Sunday.
Jonathan came in on Saturday to carry on Refurbishment work on the station lamps from Summerseat.
Jonathan and myself set off to Baron Street works to collect some eight foot flurescents and some edison screw light fittings from our wooden cabin in Baron Street.
We then set off back to our workshop in BBS to repair two of the light fittings in our workshop, it's much brighter now.
Next job was to fit two new edison light fittings to two of the station lights before knocking out all the dents that the local hooligans inflict on our station lights from Rawtenstall to Summerseat.
After knocking out the dents we then stripped the lamps down ready for sanding down, angle grinding, then repainting.
After popping out now and then to watch the fantastic engines we had for the steam gala, we stripped down six carriage plugs ready for painting and rewiring, this job goes on and on a never ending task when you consider there are four plug leads to every carriage.
It was great to see The Duke out again in what seems like ages since we last saw it out on our metals, i remember saying to Jonathan the last time i saw The Brittania Oliver Cromwell was when i was a young trainspotter at Preston Station in about 1959, seems like yesterday!
Next week we will go up to Ramsbottom to check out a lighting problem at the station, seeing that there was only two of us in today we got through quite a lot of work.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.