The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 14th Febuary 2010.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 14th Febuary 2010.

Post by asbibby »

Valentine's Day today but still four volunteers turned up, Jonathan, Len, John and myself we decided to catch the first train to Summerseat Station to exchange four station lamps for ones we had refurbished from Ramsbottom Station.
I decided to stay at Bury Bolton Street to repair our eight foot flurescent light fittings in the electrical workshop, a box of eight foot tubes had been ordered, along with some 125w starters they had been delivered to Baron Street instead of our workshop. When i got there a box of tubes had been delivered, but not the right ones, six foot instead of eight foot. The supplier will have to be notified to supply the correct ones.
Back to the workshop at BBS to do plan B, derust, knock out the dents and rub down two station lamp fittings, ex Ramsbottom Station.
I was then asked to test the fire alarm system in the cafe bar, but before this could happen it was best to await the return of the rest of our team from Summerseat Station.
My mobile then rang and i had to leave to pick up my wife who had just been told she was being discharged from hospital after a short stay.
The rest of the team then set about testing the fire alarm system in the cafe bar, this was duly done and the tests recorded in the fire alarm book.
Len has rung me to give more information on what the rest of the team did after i had left to pick up my wife from hospital.
The five fire points were tested in the cafe, then the team was asked to enable the BBS platform lights to be kept on instead of being switched off at 23:00 hrs. This was to ensure the Station lights to be on all the time when the Night Rider is in operation next Saturday, the time clock was altered to accommadate this.
What will next week bring stay tuned for the next episode!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.