The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 25-1-2015.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 25-1-2015.

Post by asbibby »

:D A full team turned out today, Len, Jonathan, Clive, John and myself, Len and Jonathan went off to do the fire alarm call point checks on Bury Bolton Street concourse and the Trackside. everything worked fine and the results were recorded.

Simon has asked us to do a fluorescent lighting tube change in the carriage and wagon workshop but the ninety tubes on order have not been delivered yet. Jonathan and myself went down to the carriage and wagon workshop to see what the job entails and the access required to change and clean all the reflectors.

One of the tall aluminum ladders we use had a few pop rivets replaced, more need replacing to make it safer.

I then left for a board meeting of the Bury Steam Locomotive Co. Ltd. in the education room of the Bury Transport Museum.

Clive, Len, John and Jonathan then recovered some carriage plugs ready for stripping and soaking in penetrating fluid. Back in our workshop more of the refurbished carriage plugs and leads were finished off with new crimps and heat shrink fitted.

We then stripped two carriage plug shells of layers of paint and gave them a final coating of black paint.

Next week the new tubes should have arrived for the carriage and wagon, if so that job will keep us busy for a couple of Sundays. :lol:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.