The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 26-10-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 26-10-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:) On Saturday Jonathan was in the workshop to carry on with the work on cleaning and painting the canopy light fittings for eventual fitting on platform two at BBS.

Sunday saw a full team out, Jonathan, Clive, Len, John and myself, after a brew and with the weather being kind all the equipment for the Christmas light installation at Rawtenstall was loaded onto a trolley ready to catch the 10:20 train to Rawtenstall.

Clive re-adjusted the Station clock at BBS after British summer time had finished and all the clocks had to be put back by one hour.
The same was done at Rawtenstall when the lights installation was completed.

The timer controlling the platform lights at BBS was corrected and tested, they switch off automatically at 18:30 hours and the installation now as an overide switch to switch them on and off after 18:30 if required.

In the meantime Jonathan and Len did the usual fire alarm call point checks in The Trackside and BBS concourse, all was well and the findings recorded.

I had a meeting to attend at 11:00 so i carried on reassembling two more refurbished carriage plug leads, these now just require terminal lugs to be crimped onto the ends of the carriage plug leads and then tested.

After the installation of the lights at Rawtenstall, lights tested and spare bulbs fitted, a total of twenty with another twenty to be fitted at a later date, lunch was taken before catching the train back to BBS.
It was then decided to install the Christmas lights on platform two at BBS. The lights were tested and spare bulbs fitted were required.

It was then back to the workshop for a brew and a piece of chocolate cake which John had brought in.

Back next week for more Christmas light installation, weather permitting. :roll:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.