Right section?

david layland
Location: Wigan, home of the 2018 Super League champions and the 2013 FA Cup winners

Right section?

Post by david layland »

Don't appear to have an electric section but this is the nearest.

Arriving at some point in the next week or so will be class 86/AL6 86259/E3137 'Les Ross' for some modification work to be done under contract by ELR staff.....and yes, before anyone asks it isn't the first AC at Bury. Classes 81-84/AL1-AL4 have visited, many for store in the late 1960's/early 1970's, one to be towed around at a diesel gala quite a few years ago. Now there's a thought.................
Wizzo

Re: Right section?

Post by Wizzo »

I well remember the AC Sparkys being here. The 86 should make a different sight altogether. Hold that thought David !! :D
Should make a unique photo.

Bret.

Post by 47406 »

david layland wrote:Don't appear to have an electric section but this is the nearest.

Arriving at some point in the next week or so will be class 86/AL6 86259/E3137 'Les Ross' for some modification work to be done under contract by ELR staff.....and yes, before anyone asks it isn't the first AC at Bury. Classes 81-84/AL1-AL4 have visited, many for store in the late 1960's/early 1970's, one to be towed around at a diesel gala quite a few years ago. Now there's a thought.................
Exciting news David

Think that was my first diesel gala, when an 8xxxx was being hauled by possibly a 40 :P

Lots going on at present - all good for the ELR

Cheers
andyc

Post by andyc »

I have photos submitted for my next book project showing E3003 being hauled by one of the two Class 25s which were based on the line at the time and I think D335 may also have hauled the Class 81 over the line as well. As someone who personally knows Les Ross (the person, not the locomotive), I know he will be delighted to see his locomotive on the ELR and even though it is coming to have some essential modifications carried out, which will allow it to continue to see use on the main line, I am sure he will be visiting the ELR whilst 86259 is on site.

Regards
Andy Coward