The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-07-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-07-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D A full team out again today, Len, Clive, Jonathan, John and myself, Len and Jonathan went off to do the usual tests on the fire alarm call points in the Trackside and Bury Bolton Street concourse.
All was found to be working satisfactorily and the results were recorded in the log books.

After a brew in the workshop it was decided to go back to Rawtenstall Station to carry on with the work installing some lighting in the waiting shelter, all the equipment needed to do the job was assembled and the next train was boarded pulled by some extraordinary class 14 diesel shunters celebrating fifty years since the were constructed at Swindon Works.

I attended a Bury Steam Locomotive Company Limited board meeting in the education room, Bury Transport Museum.

After the meeting was over i went back to the workshop for some lunch and was met by Len who had returned from Rawtenstall Station, the work was still being completed by the other volunteers, perhaps they will report on the progress made.

I did some work assembling two carriage plug connectors which had been stripped and rewired previously, they will need to be tested and heat shrink tubing fitted before they can be put back into service.

It is Thomas weekend next week so we will be assisting on the Thomas train, no rest for the wicked!!!!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-07-2014.

Post by marflow »

Len,John,Jonathan and myself went up to Rawt to install two bulk-head lights in the "bus shelter"
A bit of fp200 and conduit, clips and so on.
Job's done with the help of a few cups of tea from the refreshment coach.
A few cakes from Sarah. None for Alan!
Hitched a lift back on the diner.

Has anyone got any hss drill bits around the 2-3-4mm size that they wanna donate? We're always short.

Clive
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere